**NEW** Traceability & chain of custody
From: £60.00 plus VAT
Cost: £166 (Members), £232 (Non-Members), £60 (Students), all plus VAT, per delegate
Date: 5th September
Time: 1 day online – 9.30 – 16.30
In an ever-changing world where consumers expect and demand that they and the company providing the food knows where it has come from, traceability and chain of custody is of paramount importance. Is the view that one step forward and one step back traceability is sufficient for a business?
What does a chain of custody process look like and when is it required?
It is key to be able to conduct mass balance traceability and fully understand the requirements of a traceability system in a timely manner and know the chain of custody of the materials and product.
This one-day course will provide the background and overview for the EU legal requirements for traceability and chain of custody and the differences. It will also look at methods to manage traceability and also chain of custody in the industry and define the scope of an effective system for all elements of the supply chain. The course will also look at mass balance traceability and the requirements of the system as well as testing and challenging of all processes. In addition, the course will look at product recall processes and the link with traceability.
Who should attend?
This is suitable for Quality Managers, Production supervisors, and Food Technologists,
The course will provide information on:
- UK/EU legal regulations for traceability and chain of custody
- Traceability requirements
- Chain of custody requirements
- The scope of an effective traceability and chain of custody system
- Logical steps to deliver an effective system
- Defining the requirements of mass balance traceability
- Establishing traceability and recall tests
- Defining effective recall systems in the event of an incident