Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Catering Licences (Multiple Languages)
From: £20.00 plus VAT
This introductory course is designed to equip those working in the catering industry, who handle food, to achieve high standards of due diligence, plus gain knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in the safe handling of high and low-risk food.
Cost: £20 (Members), £23 (Non-Members), all plus VAT, per delegate
Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
For help purchasing courses please CLICK HERE
This level 2 food hygiene & safety for catering online aims to give the learner the ability to identify the importance of following food safety law and legislation, aswell as to competently know how to prevent food hygiene hazards.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of food safety managemnet procedures
- Explain the principle symptoms & causes of food-borne illness
- Know how food-borne illness can affect consumers and food businesses
- Know how to carry out effective food safety practices
- how to describe poor food safety practices
- Know the importance of recording and keeping documents and records
- Explain what due diligence is and it’s importance
- Know the legal duties and responsibilities of employees
- Explain the penalties of poor food handling and systems
- Know the role of the enforcement authorities
This course is made up of the following modules:
- Module 1 – Individual Responsibility for Food Safety
We look at food safety management procedures and their importance when it comes to storing food that’s safe to eat.
- Module 2 – The Importance of Personal Hygiene
Good personal hygiene is critical in catering – and we focus on how important it is to maintain such high standards in order to work safely when handling and storing food in the workplace.
- Module 3 – How to Keep the Working Area Clean and Hygienic
Covering the importance of maintaining a hygienic work environment, this section of the course looks at cleaning safely and effectively when handling and working with food.
- Module 4 – How to Receive and Store Food Safely
Focusing on the knowledge you’ll need to work safely with foods – both raw and uncooked – during the course, you’ll look at every stage of the food preparation process.
- Module 5 – Preparing, Cooking and Handling Food Safely
It’s vital that food safety comes top of your list when you work in catering; this section of the course will look at the importance of working safely with ingredients during food prep, cooking and handling.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don’t pass first time there’s no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.