The aim of this online course is to help employees gain an understanding of the background and purpose of HACCP, to enable them to play a full role in making the food safe and also profitable.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand what HACCP is and its origins
- Know who may write the business HACCP plan
- Know who might make up a HACCP team
- Identify what is included in food hygiene laws
- Know what Critical Control Points (CCPs) are
- Know the 14 main food allergens and how to handle them safely
- Understand the importance of preventing contamination and cross-contamination
- Identify food safety hazards and be able to control them effectively
- Know why personal hygiene, PPE and effective cleaning is important
This course is made up of the following modules:
- An Introduction to Level 1 HACCP in AwarenessThis section introduces the learner to the course and explains how the food that is contaminated can result in illness. It specifically looks at the ‘high risk’ categories of people, such as pregnant women and the chronically ill. It is important to be aware that if anyone within the ‘high risk’ category becomes ill from food contamination, the consequences could be dangerous.
- Module 1 – HACCP and Food Safety HazardsThis module explores what HACCP is, it’s origins and how was developed. It looks at the different food safety hazards and how they can be prevented. It also looks at employee’s responsibilities and the ‘HACCP team’.
- Module 2 – HACCP Prerequisites and Personal HygieneThis module looks at what HACCP prerequisites are and their importance in implementing successful HACCP systems. It also looks at why personal hygiene is important to prevent the contamination and cross-contamination of hazards.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 15 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don’t pass first time there’s no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.