Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Manufacturing Licences
From: £20.00 plus VAT
This introductory course is designed to equip food handlers with the knowledge and understanding of the principles involved in the safe handling and manufacture of food.
Cost:£20 (Members), £23 (Non-Members), all plus VAT, per delegate
Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
For help purchasing courses please CLICK HERE
The aim of this online Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene in Manufacturing training course is to ensure food manufacturing processes are undertaken to a high standard of safety. Food hygiene training is compulsory for all who work in food.
It is recommended as a pre-requisite for those wishing to go on to the Food Safety Level 3 Supervisor training course.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- The importance of good personal hygiene
- What unhygienic habits and behaviours are
- How food can become contaminated
- The basic rules for using protective clothing
- What unhygienic food handling is
- The importance of covering hair or tying it back
- The importance of effective hand washing
- Effective hand washing procedures
- The importance of reporting food-borne illnesses
- How to dress wounds hygienically in food premises
- and more
This course is made up of the following modules:
- An Introduction to Level 2 Food Hygiene & Safety in ManufacturingThis section will present a course overview of what the user can expect to cover on this training.
- Module 1 – The Importance of Food SafetyThis module covers the importance of maintaining a high standard of food safety management and the consequences if this is not upheld. It looks at the legal responsibilities of a food worker and why it is imperative that food remains safe for the consumer.
- Module 2 – The Importance of Personal HygieneThis module concentrates on the importance of maintaining high standards of personal hygiene, in-order to work safely when handling and storing food in the workplace. It looks at how personal hygiene can result in the contamination and cross-contamination of foods.
- Module 3 – Safe Cleaning and Use of ChemicalsThis module looks at how to achieve the highest cleaning standards at all times with the use of cleaning chemicals, disinfectants and effective cleaning methods, while maintaining your safety and the health of the consumer.
- Module 4 – Food Safety HazardsThis module looks at the knowledge you will need to work safely with all foods, raw and cooked, at every stage of the food preparation process.
- Module 5 – Temperature and Storage ControlThis module covers the importance of working with food safely in the preparation, cooking and holding of food safely during manufacturing processes.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don’t pass first time there’s no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.