Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety for Retail Licences
From: £20.00 plus VAT
This introductory course is designed to equip those who handle food, in the retail environment, with the knowledge of food safety procedures, ensuring high standards are implemented and maintained.
Cost: £20 (Members), £23 (Non-Members), all plus VAT, per delegate
Duration: 2.5 – 3 hours
For help purchasing courses please CLICK HERE
The aim of this course is to ensure that employees gain a good understanding of food safety procedures, ensuring high standards are implemented and maintained. This course will help to ensure that audits and inspections are successful through effective staff training, allowing the business to maximise profit and minimise risks.
- Explain the importance of food safety
- Explain food safety management procedures
- Explain the principle causes of food-borne illness
- Explain how food borne illness affects consumers and retailers
- Explain how poor safety practices affect food retailers
- Explain good food safety procedures in retail stores
- Explain how to prevent food borne illness
- Identify food hazards
- Explain what the ‘four C’s are
- Demonstrate how to keep relevant records
- Explain due diligence
- Explain legal responsibilities
- Explain the responsibilities of food businesses and managers
- Explain penalties applicable to poor food handlers
- Explain what enforcement powers are
Training Course Content
- Module 1 – Individual responsibility for food safetyThis module gives you the knowledge and understanding as to why it is vital to work to the highest safety standards at all times when handling and storing food.
- Module 2 – The Importance of Personal HygieneThis module concentrates on the importance of maintaining high standards of personal hygiene, in-order to work safely when handling and storing food in the workplace. It looks at how personal hygiene can result in the contamination and cross-contamination of foods.
- Module 3 – How to keep the working area clean and hygienicThis module concentrates on the importance of maintaining hygienic environments and surface work areas when working with food. You will need to know how to acheive the highest cleaning standards at all times in order for cleaning to be effective.
- Module 4 – How to receive and store food safelyThis module looks at the knowledge you will need to receive and store food to a safe standard following good food hygiene regulations
- Module 5 – Type, sources, vehicles and routes of contaminationThis module covers different types of contamination and how to reduce the risk to a level that will not cause harm to the consumer.
On completion of the course lessons and training material an online assessment will automatically unlock. The assessment will contain 30 multiple-choice questions and a mark of 75% or above will be required to pass.
The assessment will be marked instantly and so you will know straight away if you have passed or not. If you don’t pass first time there’s no need to worry. Unlimited resits at absolutely no additional charge are available so you can retake the assessment again as many times as you need to.